We are here to help!
Here are some common questions about how we help you earn recognition for creating safe and secure short term rental properties.
- How do I get my rental property audited? Click on the Book An Audit button available on most pages on www.certistay.com and fill in the form, and a CertiStay auditor will be in touch with you within 24 hours to coordinate a convenient time for the audit.
- How long does the on-site audit take? A typical short term rental takes approximately 45 – 90 minutes to audit.
- What kinds of items will be reviewed? Auditors inspect unique property features, from carbon monoxide detectors and first aid kits to balconies and fire exits. A successful certification shows that you have taken all the steps to create a safe and secure short term rental property for your guests.
- What is the criteria based on? With decades of experience in the short term rental market our team have applied their experience and expertise to create a meticulous and meaningful certification program that leaves nothing to chance. Take a look at our certistay.com/safety-security-committee here.
- How should I prepare for the auditor’s visit? It’s best if your property is in the same condition it would be in for when guests check in.
- How much does it cost to join CertiStay and become certificated? After our in-person 45 – 90 minute audit and paying the fee ($98 – $249 based on square footage), you become a CertiStay memberat $12 per month.The $12 per month Membership Fee is tax deductible and provides the following to the Rental Property Owner:
- Showcases the Rental Property on the CertiStay website where the authenticity of the certification can be verified.
- Showcases the Rental Property’s certification on the Rental Agency website, differentiating the property from non-certified properties (a marketing advantage).
- Qualifies the Rental Property Owner to apply for the proprietary CertiStay Homeowners Insurance policy which is designed to replace his/her existing homeowners Insurance policy and will offer rates at a substantial discount compared to standard rates.
- Access to pre-negotiated discounts on products and services with CertiStay partner companies (locks, lights, remediation services, etc.).
- What else do I receive? Upon successful certification, you will receive details about CertiStay’s Homeowners insurance programs.