1. How do I get my rental property audited? Click on the Book An Audit button available on most pages on www.certistay.com and fill in the simple form and a CertiStay auditor will be in touch with you within a few hours to coordinate a convenient time for the audit.
2. How long does the on-site audit take? A typical short term rental takes approximately 90 minutes to audit.
3. What kinds of items will be reviewed? Auditors inspect unique property features, from carbon monoxide detectors and first aid kits to balconies and fire exits. A successful certification shows that you have taken all the steps to create a safe and secure short term rental property for your guests.
4. What is the criteria based on? With decades of experience in the short term rental market our team have applied their experience and expertise to create a meticulous and meaningful certification program that leaves nothing to chance. Take a look at our certistay.com/safety-security-committee here.
5. How should I prepare for the auditor’s visit? It’s best if your property is in the same condition it would be in for when guests check in.
6. How much does it cost to join CertiStay and become certificated? After our in-person 90 minute audit and $98 initiation fee, you become a CertiStay member at a low $18 per month.
The $18 per month Membership Fee is tax deductible and provides the following to the Rental Property Owner:
- Showcases the Rental Property on the CertiStay website where the authenticity of the certification can be verified.
- Showcases the Rental Property’s certification on the Rental Agency website, differentiating the property from non-certified properties (a marketing advantage).
- Qualifies the Rental Property Owner to apply for the proprietary CertiStay Homeowners Insurance policy which is designed to replace his/her existing homeowners Insurance policy and will offer rates at a substantial discount compared to standard rates.
- Access to pre-negotiated discounts on products and services with CertiStay partner companies (locks, lights, remediation services, etc.).
7. What else do I receive? Upon successful certification, you will receive details about CertiStay’s Homeowners insurance program.